Friday, August 31, 2007

Topeak come back!

In my KoTR post I mentioned that I loaned my chain tool to a fellow racer on the side of the trail. After the race I checked the lost&found and didn't find it, so I was ready to write it up as a loss.

On Monday, Chris emailed me a link to a craigslist post from someone who had borrowed a chain tool during KoTR but couldn't find the owner afterwards. I emailed the person with a description of the tool I had loaned out, a 10-year old Topeak Power 21 multi-tool that's no longer made; and sure enough, it was mine that he had posted! The package showed up today, and I'm happy to have my multi-tool back. It's nothing particularly special, and $25 would buy something equal or better these days, but it's nice not to have to buy a new one.

That's twice this season that I've loaned out a tool to another racer (I gave my CO2 inflator to another racer in WP Race #5), and both times I got it back. I know that I'd want someone to stop for me if I were stuck without tools or air during a race, if only so I could ride across the finish line, and I hope anyone that reads this will do the same for someone else.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Wow! That is awesome!